REAL ESTATE TAX SERVICES
WKBK&Y Real Estate Tax Services represents a significant separate industry tax practice and is integrated into the firm’s Real Estate Practice. Whether advice is sought by an investor, manager, broker, developer, or seller, its lawyers have been involved in the complex tax issues that affect real estate.
WKBK&Y REAL ESTATE TAX SERVICE AREAS
As a recognized leader among Northern California tax lawyers in the real estate industry, WKBK&Y has been asked not only by clients, but by other legal counsel to assist with complex real estate issues. Its tax attorneys have chaired and spoken before local and state Real Estate Tax Conferences for professionals and real estate investors. Its tax attorneys have been members of the Building Industry Association, the California Apartment Association (CAA), the Sacramento Valley Rental Housing Association (RHA) and the Board of Realtors.
The firm’s diversity of real estate tax planning has involved every stage of real estate, including acquisition, development, construction and sales.
OUR REAL ESTATE TAX SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Dealer v. investor status
- Tax investment strategies
- Tax characterization of expenditures
- Tax minimization for real estate succession, including family limited partnerships and LLCs
- Tax treatment of debt leveraging, including for debt relief (CODI)
- Real estate related tax credits
- Tax elections for real estate
- Tax deferral, including qualified tax deferred exchanges; reverse exchanges, involuntary conversions and condemnations
- Tax planning for dispositions, abandonment and worthlessness
WKBK&Y has also actively represented real estate clients before federal and state taxing authorities, including the Internal Revenue Service, the State Board of Equalization, the Franchise Tax Board, and local county Assessment Appeals Boards.